Send us quick enquiry with no obligation and no cost to you
No obligation enquiry
Rent a boat for best sailing holidays
Seychelles are a archipelago and country located in the Indian Ocean, 1500 kilometers off the coast of Africa (Kenya).
It is consisted of 115 islands, of which 45 are granite based and all other are coral islands.
- Humid, classified as tropical rainforest climate
- Rainfalls - regular, more in the mountainous
- Coolest months - July and August
- Warmest months - from December till April
- Most pleasant months - from May till July
Seychelles have very strict environmental laws and have lot of protected areas, as well as very rich flora and fauna. Tourism is the most important economic branch.
Every year Seychelles welcome more and more tourists, but this country is a world leader in sustainable tourism.
Requirements for bareboat charter
Good to know:
- No strict rules for bareboat charter
- Usually, the license is not needed
- It is advised bring your sailing license, International Certificate of Competence (ICC) or RYA (Royal Yachting Association)
If you don’t bring the license to your vacation, there are other ways to go sailing. Sometimes local marina or port authorities demand that Skipper and 1st Mate must fill in a Sailing CV to confirm that they have the necessary skills for sailing in this country.
Top boats in Seychelles
Catamaran sailing in Seychelles
Although the biggest islands are of granite origin, with bigger depths along the coast, most of them are basically atolls and cays, formed on coral reefs. These islands have more shallow parts and beautiful turquoise coves where you can get with your catamaran and drop anchor.
If you’re visiting Outer Islands, you’ll probably enjoy island hopping on Amirante Islands that has a small population and widely spread atolls.
Some islands have the combination of golden beaches with a lush vegetation that leans over the sea surrounding dark granite rock. Such place is Anse Source d'Argent beach on the island of La Digue.
Seychellois coast hides many wonders, such as Bird Island, the northernmost island of archipelago. This small coral island with population of only 38 is known for its birdlife, with lots of other species like Hawksbill sea turtle or Green sea turtle and it is ‘must go’ place for every sailor. There are hundreds of perfect places for rent a yacht and enjoy this tropic beauty.
- The biggest island
- 85% of country's population lives there
- Beaches: golden sand and granite rocks
- Lush vegetation: Port Launay Beach
- The second largest island
- Known for its beaches and protected forests and wildlife
- Beaches: Anse Lazio and Anse Georgette
- UNESCO World Heritage site: Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve
- endemic bird species: Seychelles bulbul or Seychelles black parrot
- The third largest inhabited island
- Surface: 11 km²
- Beaches: Anse Source d'Argent, Anse Marron, Grand Anse or Anse Cocos